“You have 3 seconds to impress your online customer”
For businesses that have an existing website, when was the last time it was updated? You have but one chance to create a positive first impression with your customer. This is why it’s critical to update your website on a regular basis, especially if you a run an online business
Keeping your website up-to-date with the key content also helps maintain and can even improve your search engine ranking!
Keys to a Successful Website
Imagine having a sales team and not giving them the information they require to be effective. A website functions as your online sales time – working tirelessly around the clock. If your website does not have update and correct content you are losing out on potential revenue.
Here are some things to consider when evaluating your website:
- Does my website offer information that builds customer trust?If not, consider adding case studies, customer testimonials, or an audio or video message from the company’s staff or owner.Offering a money back guarantee or registering with your Better Business Bureau can also help build credibility.
- Is your website “sticky”, meaning, does it encourage repeat visits?There are several things you can do to make a website “stick” – an email signup list, bonus points program, useful articles, printable downloads, a forum or blog can keep your visitors coming back for more content.
- Do your sales pages contain a “call to action”?Customers need incentive to “act now”.Offer limited time specials, run a contest, or offer some type of bonus that will provide a reason act immediately. For service organizations, you can provide a free e-book or report, podcast or free 7 day course delivered automatically via email.
- Do you know how much website traffic you are receiving, and which sections of your site are receiving the most (or least) attention?Each of our hosting plans provides access to your website statistics so you may better tailor your content.
- Is the information on your website old or out of date? It’s easy to spot an outdated website.If your website is not current, consider adding a content management system to your website, making updates to your site a breeze.
Request a Quote